|Anna Sophia getting her writing groove on at Starbucks.|
Today I stumbled upon an article that claimed that vacationing is necessary for creativity. I just want to get on the record and say that I wholeheartedly AGREE with that statement. I always come back from a few days away feeling fresh and uber-creative.
The problem is....like so many of you....I just can not pack up and go on vacation whenever I feel my creativity start to wane. But as I was thinking about the article I realized that there are a couple of 'mini-breaks' that I take regularly that do fortify my muse.
- Slow walk at the park with the Jack Russell Terriers
- Fishing just before sunset...then sitting at the campfire till midnight looking at the stars
- Laying under a tree in the grass on a blanket and reading the afternoon away
- An hour or two at Starbucks laughing and talking with a friend
- Sitting in the pasture watching my horse graze
- Shootin' Safaris...when I get in the Jeep with my Camera...no destination in mind and just drive somewhere and shoot for the day